...simply said...






The beginning of the end

Had my pharmacology paper today and albeit 4 hours of sleep and a ****load of stress, I am still awake and almost.. buzzing!

Must be those caffeine pills.

Paper was alright, although the 75 multiple choice questions were a little draggy after awhile. Brain was threatening to stop functioning after an hour and a half. The paper was really thick! I got a shock when I first touched it. WHooaaa.. I thought it would take me awhile and I would probably be late for work, and I was right. I usually don't use the extra time given to us *ahem* underpriveledged, *ahem* non-English speaking international students, but this time I was glad of it! Forgot to do some last minute study on the anti-arrhythmics section, and I regretted it! The types of arrhythmias, and drugs and all that nice stuff was swimming around in my brain and I'll be happy if I got a third of my answers for that section right. But anyhow, one paper down, 3 more to go! The last one is another nightmare, but I don't reckon the next 2 will be too difficult. *touches wood*



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


On Tuesday night, I went to an awesome event that was part of the Adelaide Caberet Festival - 'Here's to the Ladies by a little woman with a huge voice, Christine Andreas. It was Broadway music, the kind i love. I actually stayed awake the whole performance, rapt in awe, thinking how beautiful this woman looked with her ski jump nose and tousled hair. Before each song she would tell a little story related to what she was going to sing, and also revealing her life story. Sort of. But we slowly learnt how the man playing the piano as accompaniment was her husband, and it was all just too cute. Many thanks to Mark's company, Locher for this whole event!

We had drinks in the bar after, and who did we see walking into the restaurant section after for dinner? The Andreases! A lot later, a few of us who were the last ones to leave got to have a little chat with them, and they were very real. Very friendly, looking a little tired and jet lagged (they are from New York), and I realised she's shorter than me! She looked pretty big on stage!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I burnt one of my favourite shirts! This is the only other accident I've gotten into with the iron, besides leaving and iron-shaped print on one of Mark's shirts. That was not my fault! He refused to let me put water in the STEAM iron I was using, which I wasn't familiar with anyhow. I left the iron a little longer that usual cause the creases weren't coming out due to the lack of STEAM and anyways *ahem* wasn't my fault! Hehe.. So. What do I do?? I thought of making some sort of lace cap sleeves thing to hid the lack of cloth in that area. Hmmm.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What I scraped off the iron. It was crunchy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The villian


Any suggestions?

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:03 am

i burnt a top in a similar material before! stretchy material + iron = T_T
i want your contact no. desperately!
amandahon@hotmail.com
thanks! see you soon in melb!    



6:18 pm

quin :)

new blog!
xxx
-claire-    



12:45 pm

Can't believe you burnt your shirt and mark's! hahaha....*stamp fail* as a housewife.hahha..jk!    



» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.