...simply said...






I realise that everytime I'm bored, I reminise. I go into my own little world and think about things of the past, some things I shouldn't really be thinking about. I drag out memories in the form of diary writings, letters, emails and marvel at how much I don't remember. How quickly some memories fade away and how sticky other memories are. In the end, I realise you don't remember events or what someone said, but how you felt, and the emotions evoked.

Hmmmmmmmmm... I'm not going to talk about it anymore, I don't even know what to say. It's 1.13 am, I've just spent the night watching a movie in bed and doing a bit of cross stitching. Relatively full day tomorrow, considering it's holidays, but I guess I'm just gonna have to tire myself out to go to sleep.

I got a pharmacy job, at long last, and the introductory session is tomorrow. I've been trying to land a (real, paid) job in a pharmacy since the first year, and it's finally happened! I actually got hired on the spot cause apparently I was the 'most appropriate person for the job'. Why didn't anyone realise the last couple of years I've been driven to tears from frustration at being rejected time and again.

Sigh.

I'm really really happy about it. Experience in invaluable, definetely worth more than good grades, I've learnt. And really, after your first job, no one cares about how many hd's you got in uni. Or maybe they do and i'm just foolish and ignorant.

Been missing a lot of people as well. I tell you, I get all emotional when I'm bored. Talking to Svenja brought up memories of those good ol days. Oh how I miss that girl so much. One year and 4 months since she's been gone, she says. I feels like so much longer, I feel that so much has changed in that time, and maybe I have changed so much too.

I wonder. Sometimes I think i've changed a lot, and sometimes i feel that I'm the same person, really, just expressing myself in different ways, ways I have never been allowed to express myself. I was speaking to my cousin about this, how people like to box things up, set 'rules' everyone should follow. You should dress this way. You should get married after such and such an age. You shouldn't say that. You have to do this. Are we slaves to society? Should we really care what people think? After all, one size doesn't fit all, and God gave us a mind to think and a will to decide for ourselves.

Ok, enough. Bedtime now.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.