...simply said...






once a year..

If only birthdays were everyday.... Actually, I suppose the fact that they come just once a year and you have to make the most of it makes it far specialer than if it came everyday.

I had an absolutely wonderful birthday and it's now the 2nd week after my birthday and i'm still feeling so loved and special. Thank you mom and dad and dom and bern for the lovely card and present, which has already been put to good use. ;-)

On my birthday night, Mark and his parents brought me out for dinner at 'House of Chow', the house of what is supposed to be the best chinese food in town. Dinner not quite as amazing as I expected it to be, considering the prices, but hey! the company is what matters and I had such a nice time being spoilt. Mark got me this gorgeous pair of earrings (real jewellry!!). They are so dainty and pretty. Oh.. I am learning that perhaps jewellry really IS the way to a girl's heart. =D And I was further spoilt by his parents with a simple, silver chain bracelet (more real jewellry!) Then back at home, Michelle (housemate Beata's friend who is bunking over) serenaded me with her guitar. The girls set the house up so nicely with candles and oh.. it was so nice and relaxing! (This is why I want my birthday to come more often) Housemates gave me a lovely, huge photoframe that holds 4 photos cause they know how much I wanted frames to decorate my room with. Yay!

Can't wait till next Wednesday when I can use my massage voucher my coursemates gave me. I think I really need a nice relaxing pampering massage cause I've been so tired and stressed out lately. Been attempting to be Super Quin again, juggling too many things.

I recently started work at CopyCat, a place where every thing I try on, I fall in love with. Now how many stores can you say that about. So I thought, hey, might as well get a job here if I'm going to keep buying clothes here. And whaddayaknow, the owner told me to bring my resume in. Now, 2 weeks into my job, I am exhausted and bored still. I am going to quit. I find retail work so incredibly boring because I'm used to the non-stop hecticness of hospitality and I like it. Makes time fly by. And I think that this guy I work for is so unethical. He has this thing where he pays Australians the award rate, but students (who are mainly Chinese) only get $9 per hour. And the worse thing is that he is from Cashmeer. Really, he is asian too. I hate the way that the asians exploit their own people, while I don't know many Aussies who even try to take advantage. It really makes me mad, especially cause there's this girl from China who's been working for him for 1 1/2 years now. She's a really good salesperson, and actually cares about how whether the sales are hitting the expected amount. And she loves clothes, and I'm pretty sure she spends at least half her pay on clothes from the store. (crazy girl..) Still, $9 per hour. Given that for her age, she should be getting about $15 per hour, that is absolutely disgraceful. Yes, $9 may seem like a lot, but really, it isn't in Australia. There are rules and laws here for the good of the people, and that's what I like. Maybe I'm a bit spoilt and anything less than $20 per hour, which i'm earning with my hospitality work is just not enough. The long of the short of it is that I'm going to quit. I don't like not being able to recharge on weekends and have time to myself and to do the things I want to do.

Will continue soon... need to get some sleep now!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.