...simply said...






Jag missa dig

I have lost interest in blogging. Sometimes I feel that no one is really interested in my blog, but I don't really care too much cause the original reason I set it up was for friends and family to know what I was up to and all that stuff, and I know that quite a number of people read my blog, and never leave any evidence *glares*

Nah.. I really can't be bothered. My blog is really my own. I just think my brain is suffering from post-exam-lack-of-stimulation-and-so-it-starts-to-imagine-things syndrome.

Meanwhile , I'm trying to keep myself occupied and again have multiple part-time jobs. Working in the uni as a Student Guide / Buddy along with the usual F & B casual job. It's a pretty cruise-y sorta job that requires not too much skill, other than plastering a smile on your face and ready to be all-out helpful / empathic with new students. Thursday, when i worked, was the first day the exchange students started coming in and anyone who knows exchange students is that first of all, they are seldom here to study. It's more like a semester-long party for them. Which is pretty cool cause the people in my course seem to only want to study. I like exchange students. Stuff 'I.U. (aka International Understanding) Day back in those Interact Club days. Heck, you've gotta admit it was just an excuse to put on a show that had very little to do with anything international. Uni life is where you are integrated with people from all over the world (though some people don't seem to want to take advantage of this great oppurtunity to open their eyes to the world and all it's richness. To expand their knowledge of cultures, habits and lifestlyles of people from a world so different to theirs.

Anyway. Sofia left on Wednesday. When I first met her, I thought she was a little boring and very strange. But that's the beauty of her. Her strangeness. She is so unique and genuine. The housemate who never gets flustered and whom I cannot get flustered at. The one who can sleep. And sleep. And sleep. And be late for a 2pm class. The one who pours water down her shirt to keep herself awake during lectures (what??!!). The one whom I share my chocolate needs during exam periods with. 3 bars in 3 days not bad ok.... My study buddy. Sofia whom I can talk to about anything. Boring? no way... she knows so much about so much! Sofia and her Mickey Mouse undies. My lightbulb changer. Oh I miss that girl so much. Sent her off at the bus station cause she had to go to Melbourne to fly home to Sweden. I think the amount of tears I cried was no match for the ache I felt in my heart. I really mean it when I say I don't think I can ever meet anyone quite like Sofia again. Have to remind myself I can't barge into her room and curl up on her bed to talk anymore. But even greater than that ache is a joy that my life is so rich that I cannot stop myself from crying when I have to say goodbye to someone I met as a total stranger and somehow managed to live with for a whole year. How horrible it would be if I couldn't bring myself to care that someone was leaving.

I'm glad she cried as well.

I miss you, Housemate. have a blast in Thailand and think of me freezing here while you lie on the beach in the warm sun. (And maybe I'll think of you during the Aussie summer while you're in cold, dark Sweden) *evil laugh*


Eat some herring for me and see you next Chinese New Year in warm and sunny (and humid) Msia!


Jag missa dig...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.