...simply said...






random thoughts while studying

it's that time of the semester again... when i can't stop thinking of the millions of things i want to do when i'm done with exams. Exams... lovely things that fill my life. I'm sure every student knows what i'm talking about. Wish i could go back to primary school where one didn't need to study to ace exams.

I've been too slack about exams for too long. OK, for me, studying overseas is not just an open door to better jobs, but also a whole big fat experience. It's when i finally realised what i'm capable of, and what i'm not. No one telling me 'Quin, are you crazy?? No way you can do that!!!'. If i make bad decisions, it's all my problem. No one to blame. And i like that. Looking back, I sorta amaze myself while being exited about what is in store for me next.

I think i have become so much more responsible that I've ever been. I never used to make my bed back home, just because I HAD to. Now, most mornings, I HAVE to make my bed, just because i think it looks nice and because I WANT to. I thought the liberty of being here would send me into the far reaches of irresponsibleness but quite the opposite. I have to be my own discipliner

But exams... the one thing i feel are so out of my control. High school seemed like a breeze and things were only diffiult cause I set my bar so high. As Sandy and I agreee, grades seem like only a part of life now, not ALL of it. And I reckon that is so much healthier. After you've got your first job, no one really cares about how many HDs you got back at uni. In fact, your charisma and personality and .. general knowledge gets you further. And other stuff like responsibility, punctuality, all the wonderful stuff I realise employers are after in my continuous search for jobs. Once I got hired just because my employer was fascinated with my piano and taekwondo skills. heheh...

I can't wait to go home. I wonder if I'll go home next year, but I think i will consider going home in July instead. We'll see.... If I have saved up enough... Euro trip might be in the bag. Just a thought anyways.


Back to peptidoglycans and autoclaving now. ciauz!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.