...simply said...






Wolf Creek

I don't watch horror movies. I don't watch scary movies. I don't watch anything that involves anything vaguely terrifying. My heart raced everytime I took a shower a year after watching IT when I was 8. The Gremlins didn't help either.

But of course, I went to watch Wolf Creek. Consented purely because I didn't know anything about it, and needed a study break. Of course Mark would be by my side, so no need to be (too) scared. It is not only an Australian production, but South Australian so.. support the local film industry.

Movie started of slow, about 3 backpackers, an Aussie guy and 2 Brit girls, on the way to Darwin then Cairns from Broome. Very realistic cinematography - on one hand, you feel like you're right there with them, on the other hand, I was getting a little giddy from the car ride.

Not to spill too much about the story, but holy crap. Any movie that moves you and makes you recall the story line plot by plot as well as well as leaves you thinking and talking about it for days after has to be good. Even worse than the gore that the movie is so abundant with is the shock at the absense of humanity.. a soul in some people. In fact, it is hard to believe they are human.

I was trying to seperate my eyes from my mind but from a certain point in the movie till the end, my heart was furiously pounding. Good thing I could turn my head away and good thing Mark was there or I am very certain I would have walked out halfway through. The whole night after the movie, my stomach turned and turned and I wished I didn't have such a strong stomach so I could puke. Scenes stuck in my head. That laugh. I felt Mark's hand and for once, it was ice cold. Glad I wasn't the only one feeling it.

For some realistic horror, in a movie with a low budget yet superbly produced, and first class actors, Wolf Creek is the movie to catch. Hey all that outback scenery is amazing! Disturbing as it is, it is always good to have a movie that is not so predictable and is just so raw and honest.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.