...simply said...






Spotting Sux

Yes.. only a week and a day before Mark gets back. Oh I feel so pathetic counting the days till he comes home. The first few days were the worst, then it got better for a couple of weeks, relatively anyway, and now, I feel um.. fed up with him not being around.

Got to speak to him for 20 precious minutes because I had some credit on my capped plan I had to use up before 9th March, so I thought I'd see how he was going. Was so nice to hear his voice! Poor guy was on the train from Bergen in Norway to Stockholm then to Umea.. altogether 24 hours! Ugh..

But it's hard to feel sorry for someone who had his first sober day 3 weeks into his trip. =P

A close friend just told me that she made out with her crush from Form One. How cute! Haha.. good old school days. What I would give to repeat all my primary and secondary school days. Wouldn't change too much. I would change some things in retrospection, but I know that under the exact same circumstances, I would probably do what I did then. Haha..

People at work are upset I will be leaving for Perth. I don't know what they expect, that I will be doing my traineeship there? I suppose that if I wanted the easiest option, I would really look at doing it there. But I feel there is not much more I could learn. As it is I am the multi-functional pharmacy assistant who can do everything from dispensing to stock-taking.

Speaking of which, we had a really tough case at my pharmacy today. A girl came in and said that she was on a triphasic pill, but she wasn't happy because she was spotting. Yes, she has spoken to her doctor but she thinks that all the doctors she's seen don't know what theyare talking about. Lol... Matthew, my pharmacist asked me to come and listen and see if I could contribute. Her story was that she naturally has a hormone imbalance which is why she needs the Pill. She doesn't normally spot when she's not on the Pill, but she was getting really moody, and she said that her spotting was yellow-brown. Digging some more, she said that she was getting a bit of diarrhea as well, due to stress. So, to cut a 20 minute counselling session short, I found out that she has tried a variety of pills, most didn't work for her. And her spotting usually occurs not long after her diarrhea. Her diarrhea is also triggered by fatty foods, spicy foods and alcohol. And she's been on the tri-phasic for 6 months. It's quite cool cause Matthew let me do most of the talking, haha, also because he was going through his books trying to find out what the protocol is for spotting and what it's really caused by. My 'theory' was that her diarrhea was affecting the enterohepatic cycling and lowering the estrogen levels. Because the estrogen levels no longer balanced out the progsterone, it was causing breakthrough bleeds. So we told her to continue with the triphasic for 1 more month, but avoid all the diarrhea triggers to see if that was what was causing the spotting, and it was still happening, maybe try Monofeme 50 with the higher dose of estrogen. And it seemed she thought that breakthrough bleeding meant she was ovulating .. lol.. that's funny. So we cleared that up. And of course suggested on getting that discharge checked out although it isn't funny-smelling or very unusual for her.

Sorry if that sounded like a whole lot of jargon to some people. Will be interesting to fellow pharmacy students I suppose. What would you have done??

It was a lot of fun, actually. I felt so honoured cause Matthew later said that he valued my contribution, he thought it was really good and I asked a lot of good questions. Waaaahhh.. =) Made my week!

So basically if I keep doing things like this, I won't need a traineeship at Marden Amcal. Hahaha.. Well I just think that it's too easy cause I know the staff, the customers, the software, I can find things in my pharmacy with my eyes closed. Hehe..

Ok, have to type out some notes! We're learning about Mental Health now, it's really fascinating.

Love love, all!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.