...simply said...






Like dat lor...

Chorus of 10 Days by Missy Higgins..

'But time has changed nothing at all
you're still the only one that feels like home.
I've tried cutting the ropes and I let you go
but you're still the only one that feels like home.'

Dedicated to all my friends in M'sia who are comfortable like old undies.

I don't think I phrased that the way I want it to mean.
...

It's great being home! Besides spending time in my new home and getting adjusted to my still messy new room, I'm seeing all these ppl I haven't seen in eons and it's really really great! Aunt and cousins came over last night. Gee! How people can change in one year! My 'little' cousin Claire is not so little anymore but a young woman now! Probably shot up a few inches as well (did not even try to compare height for fear of embarassment. Bad enough always being the shortest in Aust, worse still in Msia!!) Hehe... I remember those days of growing into my pinafore and learning to cope with period cramps (and hiding period stains - oh the nighmare!) and being so much in awe of couples popping up (and breaking up?) everywhere and finding true friends (Ok, when does the quest ever end?!) and learning to accept yourself. I remember how it took me awhile to realise that I'll never have a Barbie doll figure although that's what society demands. Now I can say I am truly comfortable in my own skin (- big ass, short legs and all) as I learnt that you are loved not just for how you look but for how beautiful you are on the inside. And after all, if someone were to reject you based on how you look, stuff them! Their loss! I don't think I've ever lost any friends cause of that, thank God but I can imagine it has happend. Btw, i think the rap song that goes sth like 'I like big butts ....' is fantastic. LOL.. Illona and I requested that song at The Alma and danced in celebration of our curviness!!

Had breakfast with Jolene a couple of days ago, and I think it's strange how distance can sorta bring ppl together, esp with technology.. MSN! Then met up with Jia Min and we spent a long time talking and catching up and walking aimlessly around Pyramid (which hasn't really changed all that much in the past year) I still think it's fantastic when you can see a friend you really have talked to much and not seen at all and yet be able to talk like old times and feeling a connection without being too awkward.

Looking forward to meeting G3-ians tomorrow in Bt Jalil and THANK YOU MELVYN FOR PICKING ME UP! And then there's 5 Azamians - Sally Wally, Christine and Chin Yen (maybe Vina too!) on Tuesday! Just had a not-long-enough chat with my twin, Sandy. haha.. have to admit, we both wonder where the twin thing started cause we look nothing alike now. She might even have lost a few kilos... maybe donated them to me? haha.. Well she'll be joining me in The Festival State, Adelaide!

I will be going for eye surgery on Thursday. *hears gasps* Well technically it is not definite cause they will have to test the suitability of my eyes for the surgery and I wanna make sure it will be 101% safe (I only have 1 pair of eyes!!) But if all goes well, i will have perfect eyesight and never have to poke my eyes again while putting on my contacts after Thurs!


Well it has taken me

1 day to .. Realise it is just not ok to speak to random strangers and cashiers.
2 days to .. Get used to not being the smallest / shortest. Quite the contrary, actually.
Get used to seeing so much black hair
The size of supermarkets / shopping malls
3 days for .. My Malaysian accent to kick into action. Muahaha..my true colours are reemerging!
4 days to .. Get a good night's sleep!
Learn the sizes of Malaysian coins again. (Eh! 20 cents so small??)

and I still...

  • haven't figured out the lights and switches in my house
  • got my own set of house keys
  • get lost in my own house. (4 flights of stairs! Should have 'Level 1', 'Level 2' etc signs!)
  • haven't really organized my room as much as I'd like
  • haven't bought a bed
  • gotten used to the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2% humidity -> full on tropical mugginess

Well, what a long and amazingly pictureless entry! Toodles!

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.