...simply said...






counsellingsmounselling

Uni has been really really stressful this year. It's not a particularly heavy workload - no more pharmacology! But the assessments are so difficult. (don't u dare ask my grades)

Had my counselling test this afternoon and I'm having such mixed emotions about it. I think I passed, but i think there are so many things I forgot to mention. And I think of more as time goes on. Now I'm doubting if I even passed.

Here's the senarion: 21 year old female comes into the pharmacy asking for emergency contraception. She normally is on the combined oral contraceptive pill, but is on holiday and forgot to bring it with her. She has forgotten 2 pills.

Ok, since her cover is relatively low after missing two pills, I give her the ECP. 2 at one go, come back if vomitting occurs within an hour of taking them. So far so good.



THINGS I FORGOT TO MENTION: (and this shall haunt me for a long time)



1. She is not covered for the rest of her cycle on the ECP

2. Get a pregnancy test done if her period doesn't come as per usual.

3. Go back on the COC as soon as possible

4. She is NOT covered on the COC till after 7 active pills <- OMG this is so important and my pharmacist at work always stresses this. Why oh why oh why did i forget???!!!!!!!

5. Should have mentioned she should consider using a condom if she doesn't have her pills with her.





I did the right thing by giving her the ECP but there are so many counselling points I forgot.



*sobsobsob* I shall go back to being depressed about uni.





« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.