...simply said...






What I've been up to

Ok, i've sorta been AWOL from blogging for about a semester. I think i stopped blogging just before my last sem exams, and i wanted to fix it up during the hols, but never got around to doing it.

Here's a sorta photo-style entry bout what's been going on...


Pharmacy Pubcrawl!

Pics courtesy of Danny. (I forgot to bring my camera)

The Malaysian bunch. Except for Magna - long haired chinese girl behind me.


Our pharm prez, Cat. she's about 6 feet tall!


More pics...


Cuttlefish Trip @ Whyalla

Organized by my Bio Lecturer, Dr Kokkinn just because he was fascinated with the Australian Giant Cuttlefish (Sepia Apama) and the middle of winter is their mating season, where they come right up to the shores of the rocky Whyalla beaches to mate. Water was freeeezing!!
Only 3 firsties went; Steve, Dave and I. The rest were research students and staff members.


Ok.. so maybe they don't seem to be the prettiest animals ever.. BUT.. did you know that cuttlefish have the intelligence of a cat? Think of that the next time you eat sambal squid.. =D


A washed up cuttlefish. I swear they look soooooooo much better in the sea!!


Like this!


Crazy Matt didn't have a wet suit!! His theory was that he knew he was going to get cold anyway, so...


My bio lecturer, Dr Kokkinn, a.k.a. Captain Cuddle (thanks to Steve who thought we were going to see cuddlefish) looking very professional.


That's us! I'm wearing a sweater with the top part of my wet suit hanging down. Didn't realise it matched so well!


Me generously sharing my lunch with the seagulls


While watching this.............


Then doing what i do best on the way back


Camping @ Deep Creek


Mark's mom, Karen. No, that is not her real hair!! She is so cute, no?


See what I mean? We're playing some snake and ladders drinking game.. with Tequilla


Sour!!! Btw, I, with the lowest alcohol tolerance (by far) had to drink the most cause my snake kept sliding down!!!


The campsite


Blowhole creek. Gorgeous!! The water was crystal clear and the boys went fishing. Didn't catch anything though.


Burfdei Partay..,

I had a surprise party!!! *sniff sniff* Hugs and kisses for Mark who planned the whole thing. Yes, i was really surprised. I only have one pic because *duh* i didn't have my camera.


Going around: Lisa, AJ, Mark, me, Karen, Gary, Stella, Line, Svenja, Danny, Remi.


The Great House Search - Houses that didn't make the cut

I saw about 15 houses and many, many rooms before settling. *whew*

OK, i fell in love with this house. But apparently they didn't want students living in it.


it had a pool too!


An all white house. That guy looks kinda murderous, duncha think?


And an all pink house. EVERYTHING was pink! how ironic that it was in the suburb called Rose Park. I was getting a pink-out! (you know, white-out with snow..) Ishita (in the pic) loved the house tho..


Not even the kitchen was spared!!! I'm surprised the oven wasn't pink.


This is a double decker bedroom in another house. Interesting concept................. but i don't really know what to make of it.


10, Clara St

*With pride* My house. =)

My room - Before


My room - after


The pool ...... OUR pool =)..


The housemates!
Svenja, Line, Sofia, me


We have a sort of prehistoric animal in our backyard that seems to be in the process of evolving. It has a straight body like a snake.. with the snake skin and all, but it has legs! Well, this is Australia...the land of strange animals...


Housewarming Party

We had a housewarming party (can't remember when). We invited too many ppl! There might have been 60 ppl in our house at one point. Surprised no one fell / got thrown in the pool ...


1st row - Danny, Sofia, me, Dave
Behind - Joa Kim (i dunno how to spell!) n I think Simon's there.


Silvio's friend, Silvio, Ern Chee, Andrew


Dave, Danny and Simon studying the Periodic Table... of Mixology


We were fascinated with Dave's nipple ring....


And Simon's lack of a sternum.


Mark's Basketball Accident

Mark plays social basketball, i am the scorekeeper. It is the last match of the season. Players are aggressive, Mark is playing well. Suddenly, i hear a yell. I see him on the ground clutching his ankle close to his body. I run over. I see a very deformed knee. Ambulance takes AGES to come. Mark has torn 3 out of 4 knee ligaments. Good thing this happened one day AFTER my birthday.

Disclaimer: Not for the faint-hearted!


How his knee normally looks


Not so normal!

Line's Bday


Us in the kitchen. Josephina striking a very sexy pose.
Front: Illona, Svenja, me, Josephina
Middle: Sofia, Mark
Back: Frank, Jose


Line getting smoothered by hugs and kisses. Josephina looking sexy again.


Awwww.. Svenja and I. Love this pic!

International Night


Me, Vi Vien, Charmaine, Laura


Vi Vien The Performer. She did some modern fan dance. Very chunted. Self-chorographed summore!


Some of my kawan-kawans that didn't realised they were being snapped.

Other performances: Lion dance, Brazillian martial arts (forgot what it's called), singing.... and lots and lots of food!


Mark's dad's bday


The Jeffery (& Ballard) family.
Corey (Lisa's husband), Mark, sister Lisa, daddy Gary and mommy Karen.


This was a triple chocolate mud cake. Hurry up and cut it!!


Nice pic of Mark & I. How chinky are my eyes??!!!


Melbourne trip


Me and cuz Mei


Greedy thing!! It was digging its claws into my jacket and if i didn't hold the bag high enough, it would just stick its snout into that!


My teman of the day and new found friend, Bhani (His full name is about 100 characters long!) from Nepal.


The Conservatory. I have vague memories of this place when i last came about 10 years ago.


At the botanical gardens. Hmmm.. it seemed very obsessed with digging a hole.


Port Adelaide
We took a day trip to Port Adelaide where there were Fisherman's Wharf markets and all. Nothing too interesting........

The 'dolphin' cruise. It was absolutely a waste of time and a waste of 3 bucks. So we entertained ourselves eating and sitting in the sun and taking photos


Psych Society Winery Tour


The crippled organizer, Mark.
'Dear Santa, all i want for Christmas is a new leg....'


Our happy bus driver


At Penfolds, the first stop


The rolling hills of vines. It was winter - so no leaves or berries. In summer, the grass is brown and the vines lush and green.


Another Winery Tour

Just a walk from Mark's house...

Aww.. 'ickle ducky wuckies... and geese..


Stupid duck started chasing me... So what if i thought it looked delicious??!!


Aww.. Svenja and Frank looking very cosy


Parties..................


Little neighbourhood BBQ dinner


A strange pic. I didn't take this!!


Easter BBQ. Breakfast for two. No kidding.


Gary and one of his friends fighting over the barbie.


Mark's 'Halloween' party
L-> R Svenja, Bjorg, Anne-Louise, Peter


????...... At our Danish friends' party. I really don't know what Sofia is trying to do. But it's cute. =)


Random images


My name in Japanese


'Pie floater' (or sinker). A meat pie in mushy green pea soup. With pepper and ketcup on top. More tasty than it sounds.

« Home | Next »

» Post a Comment

...simply said... is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Join the Google Adsense program and learn how to make money online.